- Full Membership to this association shall be open to any active full time paid law enforcement officer, either Federal, State, County or Municipal, who is a canine handler, trainer or administrator, pending approval of regional elected officers. This shall include members of the Military Police who may be either canine handlers, trainers, or administrators.
- Any full member may continue as such in the event he or she enters military service and later returns to canine law enforcement on a full time basis.
- An association membership may be held in the Association under the following conditions:
- A person who trains canines for an established law enforcement agency.
- A retired full time paid law enforcement officer, either Federal, State, County or Municipal, who was a canine handler, trainer or administrator pending approval of regional elected officers. This shall include members of the military police that may be retired canine handlers, trainers or administrators.
- Associate membership must have approval of Regional Elected Officers.
- Associate membership shall have voting privileges but cannot hold regional or National office. Provisions are provided in the By-Laws for establishment of Regions (25 members) and also for local Districts (10 members). These regions and districts are rapidly being formed throughout the United States.
- Death Benefit: $1,000 Death Benefit for a member who is killed in the Line of Duty
- Death Benefit: $500 Death Benefit for a canine who is killed in the Line of Duty
- Annual dues are forty dollars ($50.00) per year.
- You will also receive issues of the Canine Courier throughout the year.